- WD Purple Surveillance Storage is built for 24/7 always-on surveillance in high-definition security systems that use up to eight hard drives and up to 32 cameras.
- Exclusive AllFrame™ technology works with ATA streaming to reduce error pixilation and video interruptions that occur when desktop hard drives are incorrectly used as storage in security systems.
- Desktop drives vs. surveillance-class storage – WD Purple surveillance-class storage has been tested to be compatible in a wide-range of security systems.
- These drives are designed to replace standard desktop drives that were not designed for the harsh 24/7 always-on, high-definition surveillance environment.
- Desktop drives are built to run for only short intervals and are not engineered to withstand high-temperature fluctuations and equipment vibrations found in a typical surveillance application.